The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) is setting up a stakeholder group to discuss the reclassification of medicines used for hormone replacement and oral contraception from prescription only to medicines that can instead be purchased under the supervision of a pharmacist.
They are looking for women:
- Aged over 18
- who use oral contraceptives
- and/or are experiencing menopause
to attend a meeting to discuss these potential reclassifications.
The meeting will give you an opportunity to
- reflect your personal experience to ensure patient voice is heard when safety issues concerning medicines are identified
- Contribute to and influence the decision-making process in the licensing of medicines.
You will be required to:
- Commitment to attend one full day meeting at the MHRA offices in London
- Read materials with a willingness to participate in digital engagement.
They would like to hear from women if they have an interest in increasing patient access to medicines and/or an interest in the safety of medicines. Refreshments will be provided, and expenses reimbursed.
If you are interested in participating, please email email@example.com with a brief overview (a few sentences) stating how you meet the above criteria. Please also include your full name, email address, telephone number and the name of the oral contraceptive you are taking and/or what medication you are using for menopause.
Deadline: Thursday, 5 December 2019
For an informal chat, please contact Ronke Omotayo on 020 3080 6352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.