This paper, published by Nick Panay, Chair of the National Association for Premenstrual Syndrome (NAPS) reviews the effects that body identical estradiol and progesterone can have, both in the physiological environment and also when replaced as transdermal estradiol and micronized oral progesterone.
- What are bio identical hormones?
- Why is there controversy?
- Are there any differences between bio-identical and non bio-identical hormones?
- Does the route of administration make a difference?
- The effect on the cardiovascular system
- The Effect on venous thromboembolic (VTE) risk
- Endometrial Protection
- Effect on the breast
- Global Consensus and IMS Recommendations