The Primary Care Women’s Health Forum (PCWHF) has submitted its response to the Department of Health and Social Care’s (DHSC) Women’s Health Strategy: Call for Evidence. DHSC was seeking views to help inform the development of the Government’s Women’s Health Strategy for England. The Call for Evidence was to inform the priorities, content and actions within the strategy to ensure it is evidence-based and reflects what women identify as priorities.
The PCWHF has made recommendations in the areas of:
- Placing women’s voices at the centre of their health and care
- Improving the quality and accessibility of information and education on women’s health
- Ensuring the health and care system understands and is responsive to women’s health and care needs across the life course
- Women’s health in the workplace
- Ensuring research, evidence and data support improvements in women’s health
- Understanding and responding to the impact of COVID-19 on women’s health.